How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Fishers
Remote work is here to stay for numerous employees, no matter if you occupy a large house or a one-bedroom apartment. If you inhabitate the latter, you won’t enjoy the bonus of a bonus bedroom to use as your home office, but you are still able to incorporate a versatile work area. Follow these easy tips and see how to make a home office in a small apartment in Fishers.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Fishers
- Pick an appropriate desk. Choosing a desk of the right size to accommodate your space is important. If you work with a laptop, a desk only has to extend from the wall approximately 20 inches. Your worktop is ideally around 28 inches above the floor and can be as wide as you have space for. Ensure you have area for an extra monitor. You'll be glad you have it when you have spreadsheets up, a web conference going, and a bunch of other windows open. Really short on square footage? Try a two-tier collapsible desk you can put away when you’re not using.
- Where to put the desk? If you can tuck your desk conveniently into a corner, great! But you might need to get more creative when arranging. A slim desk can be situated directly behind a sofa. You can use a small area rug and table lamp to designate the space as your office. An open wall in your room will also work. Hang some artwork or incorporate some plantlife so you aren’t staring at a boring wall all day.
- Let your desk serve a dual role. If you’re limited on space, employ your desk for more than a desk. Place it next to your bed to double as a nightstand. Or go without a desk entirely and work from your kitchen bar or dining room table.
- Install floating shelves. These additions work perfectly when your desk faces a wall. You’ll have more room for supplies or decor and can easily blend shelving into your room’s unique layout.
Want To Mix Things Up? Consider The Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Would you like another option in your own apartment? Implement a small standing desk to change your perspective and improve focus. An affordable laptop stand can help get your workstation at the proper height.
Here are a handful of additional space-conserving items you can integrate into your small apartment home office in Fishers:
- Hanging folders
- Small printer stand that will fit below the table
- Small storage compartments you can stick to the bottom of your monitor
- Noise-canceling headphones for loud roommates and kids
Create Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At The District at Saxony Apartment Homes
Your home office will look marvelous in your new apartment at The District at Saxony Apartment Homes. We have various available floor plans to accommodate your remote workspace needs. Request a tour of our Fishers community or give us a call at 317-576-3057 if you want additional information.