Playing your role for the environment shouldn't be a significant task. Even when you dwell in an apartment, there are many actions you can do to help secure our planet for future generations. Basic chores like choosing reusable items and reserving water can make an impact over time. If you're ready to take on green apartment living in Fishers, here are some basic suggestions to get you started.
Substitute Your Single-Use Products With Reusable Items
Say no to one-time disposable containers and single-use napkins for cleaning. Embrace durable items to your routine. Here are a few straightforward alterations to try.
- Water bottles: When utilizing facilities like a workout room wouldn't it be better to bring a strong reusable container rather than a unstable disposable bottle? Prevent sending out plastic to garbage dumps by using a water bottle you can replenish.
- Kitchen dish towels and microfiber cleaners: End your dependency on paper towels and instead, use reusable dish towels or microfiber to wipe down counters, stovetops, and other messy surfaces.
- Refillable soap dispensers: Why toss your pre-filled soap dispenser in the trash when it's done? Rather, use a long-lasting replenishable soap dispenser. You'll find them in a spectrum of designs to complement your design aesthetic.
- Silicone bags and straws: Washable and durable, you can find a range of silicone products like vegetable storage containers, drinking straws, and even bags you can carry to school or your workplace.
Go one step further and find products such as soap dispensers and water bottles that are made from recycled materials. This not only helps reduce waste but also supports a more sustainable future.
Look To Conserving Water And Energy For A Eco-Friendly Home In Fishers
Have you ever forgotten to turn off the water while cleaning your teeth or doing the dishes? You are not alone in this. Being aware of water usage is an excellent plan for a sustainable apartment in Fishers. Along the same lines, take the time to turn the light off when leaving and turn off your computer.
Some additional tips for conserving energy:
- Take a look at your light bulbs and consider buying LED choices.
- Limit hot water usage by cutting down on hot showers and doing your laundry in cold water instead.
- Stay away from running your HVAC system at full capacity. Take advantage of natural airflow when possible in the summertime and keep cozy blankets, sweaters, and other warm clothing available in the colder months.
Maximize your recycling efforts in Fishers
Even if you embrace the practice of carrying a reusable water bottle, you may still encounter an infrequent plastic one in your Fishers apartment. Ensure you recycle it. Be sure to recycle everything you can, including empty toilet paper rolls, wine corks, and those cardboard boxes that arrive at your doorstep. Find out if your residential area has recycling bins. If not, you can find them in the surrounding area, on your local school’s campus, or even through your place of employment.
Adopt a green lifestyle at your brand-new Fishers apartment.
If you're seeking a new location to implement your eco-friendly apartment lifestyle goals, consider the excellent options at The District at Saxony Apartment Homes. Our Fishers apartments will improve your lifestyle as you do your part for the planet. You'll appreciate the large units, exceptional perks, and friendly staff. Schedule a tour or simply dial 317-576-3057 to speak with a representative of our team.