There is much to consider when moving to a new Fishers apartment community. A to-do list makes everything go in an orderly fashion. It allows you to think of each important job, stay on schedule, and feel more in control. With a goal of making your next apartment move less of a burden, we’ve compiled these important details for your apartment moving checklist in Fishers.
8 Weeks Prior To Moving: Get Prepared
Don’t procrastinate! Your moving day will be less stressful the earlier you start getting ready.
- Get organized. Follow our tips to get started on your Fishers apartment moving checklist and supplement it with additional tasks as you think of them.
- Reach out to your present property management team. Many agreements call for a written notice signed two months before you move.
- Understand your responsibilities for moving out, such as repairing damage, cleaning, and scheduling a walk-through. Be sure to include these on your checklist.
6 Weeks Until Relocating: Plan Your Moving Day
Now is the time to start planning the day of your move and arrange the help you need.
- Wrap-up move-in plans with your new Fishers apartment community. Verify agreed-upon arrival date, double check the steps you need to take, and finish any outstanding paperwork.
- Hire professional movers or rent a truck. Get reservations done at this time so that your requested moving date can be accommodated.
- Make babysitting or pet-sitting plans for the big day to ensure the safety of children and pets.
2-4 Weeks Prior To Moving: Box It Up
Packing early will reduce your stress later. Place everything in one of these classifications: keep, donate, or trash.
- Collect moving boxes and other supplies.
- Begin packing non-vital goods and purging unwanted items. Don’t forget to label boxes!
- Repair any damages that you caused in your previous residence to get your deposit back.
- Revise your renter’s insurance for your new address.
- Submit a form to change your address and ask for mail forwarding from the post office.
- Line up the shifting of your utility services or set up fresh accounts for your electric, gas, cable.
- Notify your employer, financial institutions, and others of your change of address.
- Find where the nearest dining, shopping, healthcare facilities, and entertainment options are within your new locale.
1 Week Until Moving: Finalize Plans
Your last week is sure to be busy but exciting as you finalize moving day plans.
- Reaffirm your arrangements with movers or the truck rental company and make sure they have addresses and directions when your day arrives.
- Complete your packing. Put together items for an overnight bag for the initial nights in your new apartment, and find a secure manner to pack precious items or personal effects like passports to keep close at hand.
- Sweep up your previous apartment as you pack your last things. .
- Get your new keys and complete an initial tour of your new apartment. Document and report any maintenance issues.
- Get an idea where your furniture will fit in your new apartment floor plan.
Your Big Day: Move!
The wait is over and it's time to move! There will be a lot going on, so keep your Fishers apartment moving checklist at hand to stay on top of things.
- Send your kids and furry friends with sitters until the job is complete.
- Work with the movers as they pack and unpack the vehicle. Tip the movers and make your final payment.
- Complete the final pass of your old apartment.
- Check that you have electricity, gas, and working smoke detectors.
- Set up the bare necessities at your new place, like beds, toilet paper, and snacks.
Add A Tour Of The District at Saxony Apartment Homes To Your Apartment Moving Checklist For Fishers
You have to find a new home before you begin packing. Have you seen The District at Saxony Apartment Homes? Our Leasing Specialists are here to give you an on-site or virtual tour of our lovely complex and will help you determine the most suitable floor plan and design for you. Put us on your to-do list and call 317-576-3057 or request a tour today to discover your new home.