If you’re looking for a new home, you’ll likely find different types of apartment buildings in Fishers. Most fit within three groups: low-rise, mid-rise, and high-rise. But which style of apartment is better for you? Understanding the benefits and drawbacks of each choice will help you determine what type of apartment you want to call home.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of High-rise Apartment Buildings
High-rise apartment buildings typically consist of ten or more stories. You’ll see them in downtown areas where their verticality allows them to house a fair number of occupants within a modest footprint. Individuals who appreciate occupying high-rise apartments pick them due to the following:
- High-rise options offer the best views of Fishers.
- They’re in the heart of town close to shops, various eateries, and attractions. Numerous high-rises actually boast eating options or shops on the first floor.
- They can reduce your travel time if you have a job or attend school within the city.
- High-rise buildings have elevators, so you never have to take the stairs.
- At a high-rise, all of your neighbors make their home in the same building. This could give you a stronger feeling of community as you talk in the halls or when using the elevator. You may also benefit the attention of a concierge or porter.
Despite its many perks, living in a high-rise isn’t for everyone. Living in a downtown high-rise is fun and exciting for many, but you probably won’t like it if you crave space and solitude. Leaving home might also take a few more minutes when you live in a multiple-story structure, and an urban center may lack nearby parking spots. Finally, high-rise units might be tiny to be able to accommodate more residences into a restricted quantity of space.
The Pros And Cons Of Low-rise Apartment Buildings
When debating between different types of apartment buildings in Fishers, low-rise or commonly referred to as garden-style buildings are in sharp contrast tohigh-rise ones. They typically consist of four or fewer stories and are situated in suburban neighborhoods. You frequently find multiple low-rise buildings on one property with a wealth of outdoor area encompassing them.
What are the reasons why you should contemplate moving to a low-rise apartment instead of other types of apartment buildings in Fishers?
- Low-rise apartments have more units on the ground floor, giving occupants simpler entry to and exit from the building.
- Low-rise buildings often boast more [parking spots for tenants and visitors.
- There’s more outdoor space to explore if you have a dog or a preference for grass and trees beyond your window instead of a hectic downtown intersection.
- You’ll live in the more peaceful suburbia.
- You share hallways and common spaces with less tenants and enjoy a greater amount of privacy.
Even so, not everyone is looking for these benefits. If you prefer the exhilaration and nightlife of downtown living, a quiet suburban low-rise building won’t suit you. Depending on the location of your school or office, you could have an excessive drive from your low-rise building as well.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of Mid-rise Apartment Buildings
Mid-rise apartment buildings have a minimum of five and max of nine levels. You’ll see these structures in both city and residential areas, so they combine the benefits of other types of apartment buildings in Fishers:
- If you find a mid-rise unit in outlying areas, you’ll appreciate a quiet community and natural environs mixed with the social aspects of living in a more populated building.
- In a mid-rise apartment in the center of Fishers, you won’t have as many tenants as a high-rise but you can still take part in bustling city life.
Having Trouble Deciding Which Apartment Building You Like? Visit Alluring The District at Saxony Apartment Homes
At The District, we integrate a lovely property with a popular location to offer a wonderful apartment living experience. Call 317-576-3057 or arrange a tour to see our spacious apartments and impressive amenities for yourself.