Whether you need to do a complete clean-out or your Fishers apartment simply looks dirty, a detailed cleaning will get it neat and tidy again. It’s fairly common to get overwhelmed when taking on too much at once. In order to make cleaning your place more manageable, we’ve devised an apartment cleaning checklist for Fishers tenants.
Your Fishers Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Each Area
Complete these tasks in each area of your place before addressing rooms individually to be as efficient as possible. Reference this apartment cleaning checklist for Fishers to keep yourself organized.
- Eliminate clutter.
- Use an extendable duster for ceiling corners.
- Use a duster or cleaning wipe for places where dust settles like the top of door frames.
- Wipe down walls and baseboards.
- Remove grime from windows with a clean rag and glass cleaner.
- Wash or dust window products like blinds, shades, and curtains.
- Use disinfecting wipes for doorknobs and high-touch areas.
- Mop or vacuum all flooring and address any stains or blemishes.
- Before you put away your duster, get the blades and the light fixture of your ceiling fans.
- Haul trash to the dumpster.
Living Room Cleaning Checklist
No matter if you prefer having friends over or sitting in your space by yourself, get your living room cozy and inviting with a regular cleaning.
- Vacuum and spot-clean furniture. You should consider a pet hair attachment or lint roller if you share your home with furry friends.
- Dust tabletops, bookshelves, and other flat surfaces.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dust electronics.
- Polish wood furniture.
- Use disinfecting products on high-touch items like remotes.
- Make sure remotes, coasters, and other needed accessories are found in an easy-to-find area.
Cleaning Checklist for Dining Rooms
Most messes in the dining room are a result of food. For dried food stuck to a surface or floor, place a warm, damp rag on top of it for a minute to loosen it up.
- Wipe crumbs from the table and chairs and pay attention to tacky places.
- Dust the backs and legs of chairs.
- Polish a wood table or use glass-cleaning product on a glass-top table.
- Go with a synthetic or feather dusting tool to clean off open shelving with glassware or other breakables.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Apartment Kitchen
Kitchens can get smeared and splattered from your daily meal prep. You can go with store-bought cleaning products to remove those greasy stains, but some everyday supplies are great choices as well.
- Give the cabinets a wipe with soapy water on a cloth followed by a a clean, slightly dampened cloth].
- Clean off kitchen counters with the right cleaning solution for your specific material or you might consider white vinegar.
- Scrub sinks with a paste of baking soda and water. A little baking soda down the disposal will aid in removing odors. Follow it with water after it’s had time to work for 5-10 minutes.
- Run a hot water cycle on the dishwasher with a bowl of vinegar inside. Once complete, wipe it out with a clean cloth.
- Heat a cup of water to a boil in the microwave to let the steam soften stuck-on gunk. Remove any mess with a damp sponge or cloth.
- Wash stove burner parts in your sink. Spray the stovetop and oven door with an appropriate product or an equal mixture of vinegar and water and remove remaining stains and food debris.
- Act in accordance with the self-cleaning instructions for your oven or you can utilize the mix of baking soda and water to scrub it out.
- Utilize a mild soap or simply spray a water and vinegar mix to wipe off the fridge inside and out; wipe off any residue with a wet rag. Once done, move the fridge and sweep the floor underneath.
Cleaning Checklists For Bathrooms
If you hate cleaning bathrooms, do simple jobs once a day so your bathroom doesn’t get too dirty.
- Wide down your mirror above the sink with an appropriate cleaning product and a soft cloth.
- Clean counters with an all-purpose cleaner or a solution of water and vinegar on a sponge or cloth.
- Wash off cabinets with mild soap followed a a soft rag.
- Scrub the toilet bowl.
- Wipe off the toilet with a disinfecting product or vinegar mix.
- Tackle the the walls and surfaces of your shower and tub with an all-purpose cleaner or vinegar.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Fishers
You’ll feel more rested in a clean bedroom!
- Clean up or reorganize your closet.
- Use a dust rag or feather duster on flat surfaces, lamps, and knick-knacks.
- Routinely wash the bedding.
- Collect clothing items from the floor and place them in the wash or a hamper.
- Make use of an extendable dusting tool to dust below the bed.
Discover Your Next Apartment At The District at Saxony Apartment Homes
A dirt-free place to live feels nice, but sometimes you would be better off with a new apartment altogether. Check out the dazzling, spacious apartments at The District. Contact our leasing team at 317-576-3057 or request a tour to get started.